5 things a house cleaner won’t tell you, but you wish you knewFebruary 16, 2017
6 tips for super speedy cleaningMarch 29, 2017
Perhaps you have heard just how good it can be to hire a domestic cleaner for your home and maybe you already have had such service. Having some of the annoying cleaning chores addressed by someone else is probably one of the best feelings in the world. That is especially when you are having a tough time at the office or when you have children, and they take every spare minute of your day.
What you probably don’t know is that there are few proven ways to make the work of a domestic cleaner even more efficient. You will agree that is something good, especially when you take into account the fact that a cleaner only visits for a few hours every week. Getting the most of such service is only logical, and this is how you do it:
- Declutter your rooms – or at least declutter the rooms where the cleaner will work. While it is understandable if you wish to just leave the mess to the cleaner, it is must better to make sure that there is as little clutter as possible. Clutter in this instance refers to everything that doesn’t belong in the room – clothes, toys, tools and such. You, as the person living in the home, know where everything goes and therefore should put it away. Don’t expect the cleaner to figure out where to put your stuff. By doing a quick declutter session yourself, you are sure to make their work much more efficient. It will save you money too – since the cleaner is not wasting her time, she will use the hours of the session to clean.
- Give very specific instructions – if you want the cleaner to focus on a particular task, make sure you list it. A cleaner will only address general tasks, but if you wish her to address your shower area, or pay closer attention to your kitchen, then tell her to do so. That is one way you will not be disappointed by the service.
- Discuss access to your home – not everyone lives on a street with a direct access and a big sign of their address on the front door. Some cleaners find it difficult to navigate their way to your place and to enter your home. Walk them in the first time so that they learn the way and also explain any house security systems. Give them a key, but don’t forget to ask the company if their cleaners
are fully vetted. You don’t want anything going missing from your place, do you?
- Set realistic goals for the time you hire them – if you expect to just enter your home and find it cleaned from top to bottom after just one 2 or 3-hour cleaning session, you are wrong. It can happen if you hire a cleaner for an entire day or two, but hardly in a single visit. It is a good idea to know what a cleaner can do in the allotted time of their visit so that you can choose the tasks they address.
- Give them access to your cleaning equipment – a domestic cleaner is most likely going to use your cleaning products which means that you should take those detergents and items you want them to use them for the service outside of hiding. That way the cleaner won’t waste any time digging for the squeegee to address window cleaning.
By following all of these tips, you guarantee that a domestic cleaner will be much more productive and provide you with a service that you will love.
© Domestic Cleaners