Preventing the disaster that is Easter egg dyeApril 1, 2018
When it comes to home cleaning, do you wish to go through a cleaning marathon every single week? The likely answer is ‘no’, even if you do not mind cleaning. There are just much more pleasurable things you can do, whether it’s spending time with your family and loved ones, or perhaps investing in your hobby.
Luckily for you, there are a few shortcuts that can cut cleaning time by a lot:
- Always start from the top working down – one of the ways you could be making matters is by first cleaning a room at floor-level and then addressing upper areas. The main issue with that is dust from the upper levels will make its way down as you clean it, effectively rendering your previous efforts to clean the room futile. That is why it is essential to start from the top of the room and work down. Leave vacuuming and mopping for last.
- Clean little, but clean often – cleaning on the go is a concept that many professionals recommend. What does cleaning on the go mean? Basically, you invest a few minutes of your time as you do another task, or when you are waiting for something. For instance, as your meal is getting re-heated in the microwave, you can do a quick wipe of the countertops or the sink. In the bathroom, use a squeegee to wipe the excess moisture from the shower area for a minute or two immediately after a shower. By doing that, you save yourself a ton of cleaning time later on.
- Prevent unpleasant smells – instead of wasting time and effort in locating a foul odour; you can easily apply a solution to eliminate it. Baking soda and lemon juice are your best friends in that regard. One area of the kitchen that is regarded as troublesome is the fridge. Make it a rule to check for any old food you have put in there before shopping, and you will avoid trouble.
- Prevention is important – instead of wasting time on cleaning, you should keep your home from getting into a state of mess in the first place. This is easier than you may think. One way is to take your shoes at the door, to limit dust and other impurities from getting inside. If you notice your cooking efforts have caused some trouble, be sure to line the oven with a baking sheet to catch spills. Small steps like these make a striking difference in the long run.
- Invest in cleaning tools – a cheap and underpowered vacuum cleaner is only going to remove surface dust. What you need is a powerful enough tool that gets the job done quickly. It is the same with cleaning products: the more you know about them, and the more you have tested them, the better the outcome.
It is up to you to implement these tips into your daily routine. They make quite a difference to how well you perform.
© Domestic Cleaners Ltd